USS Alexander Hamilton

REUNITING SHIPMATES OF THE USS ALEXANDER HAMILTON, SSBN 617

Who remembers the depth that we reached on our deep dive during builders trials when we lost depth? The number that comes to mind is 1857 ft. 
Although I was on sonar at the time it got to busy to recall!
And what was the te difference between us and the Thresher sinking? If my memory is correct it was not over an hour!

Views: 249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was on the ECM at the time and I could see the depth gage on the MK 113 console. I know we went past 2000 ft.

Thanks Jim do you or any one remem ber the time frame betwen us and the Thresher sinkiung ? think it was just a m atter of hours. Becuse we got the word go to Groton

No Charles, I don't remember the time difference between our flooding and the Threshers sinking. . I'm not sure I ever knew that

Charles E. Brower said:

Thanks Jim do you or any one remem ber the time frame betwen us and the Thresher sinkiung ? think it was just a m atter of hours. Becuse we got the word go to Groton

I was not aboard at the time (reported ~ Dec 63). But I think there were few of us who fully comprehended the dangers presented by our occupation. It was a privilege to serve with true professionals and the passage of time has given me a better appreciation of their abilities.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Stan Tribble created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by Stan Tribble.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service