USS Alexander Hamilton

REUNITING SHIPMATES OF THE USS ALEXANDER HAMILTON, SSBN 617

I remember when I was qualifying as Missile Compartment Roving Patrol I was getting a checkout from fellow MT Jay Kisor. He asked me which 120V outlet in the Missile Compartment was fed by Weapons Power. Determined - I set off the find the answer. As you may remember the outlets were fed from the Port and Starboard Vital Bus and Weapons Power was a Non-Vital Bus. I looked at the Electrical version of the Piping Tab until my eyes turned blue. I looked at the metal tags on the shielded cables at each outlet so that I could look them up as to where they were fed from. I even looked extensively at the Drying and DH Plant in Lower Level Missile Compartment thinking that there might be a utility outlet in it somewhere. I took a red marker and put a tiny "x" on each outlet that I checked until every outlet in the Missile Compartment probably had one. After a few weeks of this he finally laughed and told me that there wasn't one!

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is that like searching for the Relative Bearing Grease or suiting up for Mail Retreiving Duty?
Does anyone remember the Pain test and butt grease job. LOL

Dana Harris said:
Is that like searching for the Relative Bearing Grease or suiting up for Mail Retreiving Duty?
Jim - is the pain test the one that involves the vice and thumbs?
Dana - I know you remember the radiation sperm count!
Also remember looking for the Sea Bats in the Torpedo room bilge?

Stan Tribble said:
Jim - is the pain test the one that involves the vice and thumbs?
Dana - I know you remember the radiation sperm count!
Ask Andre Paquette.  He was the recipient of the vice pain test, etc.  Andre also fell for the EAB recirc trick.

Jim Licklider said:
Does anyone remember the Pain test and butt grease job. LOL

Dana Harris said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

About

Stan Tribble created this Ning Network.

© 2024   Created by Stan Tribble.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service